Tuesday, November 1, 2011

LLanta sometimes spells Lana


Ahh, Don't you just love the smell of Llantas in the morning?

Here's an interesting article from Mother Earth News about one of Laredo Colossal Blogger BorderTown Blues' favorite subjects; discarded, used, old tires or llantas. In the following article, a KeyRose-like figure has turned his tire-picking-up hobby into a somewhat profitable side job.

From Mother Earth News

You really can earn over $100 a day recycling old tires in almost any populated section of North America," says Washington State's Bob Stevenson. "I've been doing it for years in a number of different cities as far east as Lansing, Michigan and as far north as Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. And, contrary to what you probably believe, you don't need a truck to get into this business, the work is not heavy, and there are plenty of old tires lying around just waiting for you to pick them up!" (Are you listening KeyRose- it's your chance to cash in!)

I've gotten so many good, practical ideas from MOTHER that I now feel it only fair to tell other readers about my own part-time moneymaker. I pick up old tires for free . . . and then sell almost all that I collect for anywhere from $1.00 to $40 each! What's more, I've been doing this since I was in high school, I've worked this little side business in a number of cities around the U.S. and Canada as I've gone to college and been transferred by the Air Force, and I believe that nearly anyone can do as well as or better than I've done with this grassroots enterprise. It's an especially good venture for a back-to-the-land husband and wife team.

Read more: http://www.motherearthnews.com/Modern-Homesteading/1977-07-01/How-to-Earn-100-A-Day-Recycling-Old-Tires.aspx#ixzz1cW8dduyB

No comments:

Post a Comment