Wednesday, April 4, 2012

La Sanbe: Best mix of politics and gardening since "Being There"

Laredo's Most Imposing Blog, La Sanbe moves seamlessly between the rough and tumble world of Laredo politics and that of the peaceful gardner.  Not since 1979,s Being There has anyone be able to so smoothly blend both seemingly disparate topics.

In the scene below, Peter Seller's character, Chauncey the gardner's advise on planting and gardening is taken to heart by Jack Warden as the US President and his top economic advisor, Melvin Douglas who won an academy award for his part.

From 1979, Being There

3 comments:

  1. That's why he's LMIB . . .

    Learn it. Live it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha. You mock me. I will not be mocked!!!

    Now I have to see that movie. And if I ever sell the rights to LaSanbe, I'll know what I'll name my next site: Politics and Gardening. Or perhaps when I interview our local elite, I'll go between questions about public policy and what people use for mulch.

    Awesome and inspiring post, LT, if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KR: So Mayor, what about talk that the Lemurs will be a losing proposition for Laredo?

    Mayor: Um, uh obviously there's always going to be um... those that have such opinions but really.....what it's all about is....

    KR: Would you say windrows are vital to a successful planting season?

    Mayor: Uh... I gotta go, I have to make it to a press conference, sorry.

    ReplyDelete