Monday, May 21, 2012

Traffic director brings back Zoot Suit ?

A reasonable fascimile of the Laredo traffic director

It might not have been an actual zoot suit, but the city of Laredo's traffic director, Mr. Murrillo, certainly looked like he had just stepped right out of a 1940's East L.A. movie.  As I was watching the proceedings, Mr. Murillo was called to the podium to clarify some issues concerning traffic lights or something else under his jurisdiction.

To be honest, I sort of missed what the specific item was about because of the apparent fashion statement that was being proclaimed before our eyes.  Mr. Murillos's ample pant cuffs swept the floor as his hands more than halfway disappered under his drooping sleeves.  I halfway expected him to don a wide-brimmed hat with a long feather portuding upward.

Job well done, Mr. Murillo. Make sure they include you in the next fashion benefit the city takes part in.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to go back and look through the video tape. I missed his appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nomas le faltaba la pluma y la cadena. OK, maybe I exagerate once in a while- but not much.

    Maximiliano

    ReplyDelete